LAST UPDATED: 2014-10-01
- Minimum Age. The Sites is not meant for use by any person under the age of 18 without the supervision of a parent or guardian 18 years of age or older. Any person under the age of 18 may only use the Sites under the supervision of a parent or guardian 18 years of age or older.
- Account Registration. Certain Services are only available if you register. In consideration of your use of these Services, you must register by providing certain registration information as prompted by online Dorot registration forms (the “Registration Information”). Registration Information may include your name, postal address, telephone number(s), e-mail address(es) and applicable payment information (e.g., credit card numbers, expiration dates and the like that we use to take donations or make purchases through the Sites). You agree that the Registration Information you provide is true, accurate, current and complete, and that you will update and maintain the truthfulness, accuracy and completeness of such information. Failure to comply with this provision may result in immediate suspension or termination of your right to sue our Sites, including any Services.
- Password Policy. As part of the registration process, you may be required to select a password. This password is for your individual use only. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password you use to access any Services, and agree that Dorot will have no obligation with regard thereto. You will immediately notify Dorot if you become aware of ay loss or theft of your password of any unauthorized use of your password. Dorot reserves the right to delete or change a password at any time and for any reason.
- Intellectual Property Rights.
All materials and information contained on the Sites, including without limitation, text, data, images, layout, design, software and downloadable software applications, audio and video clips, databases and ratings (collectively, “Content”), are the exclusive property of Dorot or its suppliers. Dorot or its suppliers retain all right, title and interest in and to the Content, including but not limited to, all copyrights, trade secret rights, trademark rights, database rights and all other intellectual and industrial property rights of any kind of nature under the laws of the United States, other countries, international conventions and other applicable laws. Except as specifically and explicitly provided elsewhere herein, Dorot does not grant any express or implied right in any Content to you.
The marks "Dorot" and "Dorot Foundation", and all other trademarks, trade names, brands, logos, and icons identifying Dorot and/or Dorot’s products and services are proprietary trademarks of Dorot. Third-party trademarks displayed on the Sites are the property of their respective owners. You may not use any of Dorot’s trademarks or third-party trademarks without the prior written permission of Dorot or the relevant third-party supplier, as applicable. In addition, you agree not to use any of Dorot’s trademarks: (i) in or as part of your own trademarks or those of any third parties; (ii) to identify products or services that are not Dorot; (iii) in a manner that is likely to cause confusion; or (iv) in a manner that implies that Dorot sponsors, endorses or is otherwise connection with your activities or those of any third party
- Submissions to the Sites.
Dorot does not claim ownership of any of the communications, comments, information, data, text or other materials you post, upload or otherwise submit to the Sites (collectively, “Submissions”). By posting, uploading or submitting the Submissions, you hereby grant to Dorot a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable right and license to use, copy, translate, import, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, adapt, modify and distribute such Submissions and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, and to grant and to authorize sublicenses (through multiple tiers) of the foregoing, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. In addition, by providing Dorot with Submissions, you hereby grant Dorot all rights necessary to prohibit the subsequent aggregation, display, copying, duplication, reproduction or exploitation of the Submissions. You warrant that you have the right to grant these rights to Dorot. You also permit any other user to access, view, store or reproduce the Submissions for that user’s personal use.
Dorot has the right, but not the obligation, to screen, monitor, edit, refuse or remove any of your Submissions without notice or further permission from you, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Any information obtained by monitoring, reviewing, or recording is subject to review by law enforcement organizations in connection with the investigation or prosecution of possible criminal activity using the Sites. Dorot will also comply with all court orders involving requests for such information.
- Rules of Conduct. In connection with your use of the Sites, you agree to the following rules of conduct:<
- You may not post, upload or otherwise submit any Submission that is for commercial purposes or otherwise advertises or solicits for the sale of any goods or services.
- You will not post, upload or otherwise submit any Submission that is obscene, indecent, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit, threatening, or abusive.
- You will not post, upload or otherwise submit any Submission that advocates or provides instructions on illegal activity or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
- You will not post, upload or otherwise submit any Submission that constitutes or contains false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact.
- You will not post, upload or otherwise submit any Submission that slanders, libels, defames, disparages, or otherwise violates the legal rights of any third party.
- You will not post, upload or otherwise submit any Submission that causes injury of any kind to any person or entity.
- You will not post, upload or otherwise submit any Submission that infringes or violates the intellectual property rights (including copyright, patent and trademark rights), contract rights, trade secrets, privacy or publicity rights or any other rights of any third party.
- You will not post, upload or otherwise submit any Submission that violates any applicable laws, rules, or regulations.
- You will not post, upload or otherwise submit any Submission that contains software viruses or any other malicious code designed to interrupt, destroy, disrupt or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- You will not impersonate another person or entity, or collect or use any information about other users of the Sites.
- You will not breach nor attempt to breach the security of the Sites, which may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution.
- You will not access, download or copy any Content contained on the Sites through artificial means (including but not limited to spiders, hacking devices, computer programs, bots or other such means).
- You agree not to post, upload or otherwise submit any Submission that contains any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation.
- You promise to conduct yourself in a professional manner in all your interactions with Dorot and with any other user of the Sites and employee of Dorot.
- You agree not to alter or deface design or content of the Sites or any other Materials in any way.
- Copyright Compliance. Dorot respects the rights of all copyright holders and has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of users who infringe the rights of copyright holders. If you believe that your work has been copied or used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Dorot the following information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. 512:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online Sites are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that Sites;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Dorot to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Dorot to contact the complaining party;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
For copyright inquiries under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act please contact Dorot at:
401 Elmgrove Ave.
Providence RI 02906
- No Commissions. Dorot does not pay commissions or other sums to anyone who helps arrange a fellowship, job, grant or anything else unless Dorot has expressly contracted to do so in writing prior to any such arrangement.
- Mobile Use. Some features of the Sites may allow you to text / SMS / push messaging, and other communications to a mobile device. If you utilize these features, please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging fees, will apply and that you will be responsible for those charges. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number and are using features of the Sites designed to contact you on your mobile telephone number, you agree to, update your account information on the Sites within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
- Assumption of the Risk. You use the Internet solely at your own risk and subject to all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations. If it is illegal or prohibited in your country of origin to access or use these Sites, then you should not do so. While Dorot has endeavored to create secure and reliable Sites, please be advised that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from these Sites over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, Dorot and Dorot’s licensors and suppliers are not responsible for the security of any information transmitted via the Internet, the accuracy of the information contained on the Sites, or for the consequences of any reliance on such information. Dorot and Dorot’s licensors and suppliers will have no liability for interruptions or omissions in Internet, network or hosting services.
- Events Beyond Dorot’s Control. You expressly absolve and release Dorot and Dorot’s licensors and suppliers from any claim of harm resulting from a cause beyond their control, including, but not limited to, the failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, computer viruses, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes, or natural disasters, strikes or other labor problems, wars, terrorism or governmental restrictions.
- Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability.
YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SITE AND THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. DOROT, AND ITS TRUSTEES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, PARTNERS, CONTENT PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (i) THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (ii) NON-INFRINGEMENT; (iii) THAT THE SITE OR CONTENT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; AND (iv) WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY OF ANY CONTENT, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE.
IN PARTICULAR, YOU AGREE THAT DOROT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY STATEMENTS, DESCRIPTIONS, COMMENTS OR OPINIONS (COLLECTIVELY, “OPINIONS”) POSTED ON THE SITE. DOROT DOES NOT MAKE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS, ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY REGARDING THE ACCURACY, INTEGRITY OR QUALITY OF ANY SUCH OPINIONS, THAT ANY SUCH OPINIONS ARE BASED ON A STATISTICALLY SIGNIFICANT SAMPLE, OR THAT ANY SUCH OPINION WILL FREE FROM ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON ANY SUCH OPINION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
NEITHER DOROT NOR ITS TRUSTEES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, PARTNERS, CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF USERS OF THE SITE OR OF THIRD-PARTIES AND THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR AND HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION WITH RESPECT TO ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, INTERNET ACCESS, DOWNLOAD OR DISPLAY DEVICE, OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT DOROT AND ITS TRUSTEES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, PARTNERS, CONTENT PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF DOROT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SITE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold Dorot and its trustees, officers, employees, agents, contractors, partners, content providers and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of: (A) Submission you post, upload or otherwise make available through the Sites; (B) your use of the Sites; (C) your violation of these Terms; or (D) your violation of any rights of another.